East Zone Softball
The following provides instructions for how an East Zone Softball League can request approval of a tournament.
Submitting Your Tournament Application
- To host a Sanctioned Tournament you must first request approval from your Zone by completing the Sanctioned Tournament Request Form.
- To access and complete the Sanctioned Tournament Request Form, choose Registration & Affidavits from the main navigation on the PONY website and choose 2018 Registration.
- You will be taken to the home page of PONY’s instance of the Sports Connect System. Choose “Click Here to Become a Host for an East Zone Softball Tournament” button from the home page.
- When you arrive at the Sanctioned Tournaments landing page, choose Create Application to begin your Tournament request. This is where you will apply for approval of your Tournament by your Zone.
- Enter the requested information in the Tournament Info tab. This includes your Zone, Region, League President’s name and email address, the name of your Tournament, the start and end date of your Tournament, if this is a new or returning tournament, your Tournament website address as pony.tournamentname.affinitysports.com, Tournament type, your Tournament Director’s name, mailing address including city, state and zip code, a phone number, and email address. A red asterisk indicates a required field.
Choose Save and Continue.
- You will be taken to the Age Group This is where you will select your sport, choose your age groups for the tournament, and indicate any awards and fees for each age group. Choose Add Age Group to add the information to your Tournament. You may add multiple age groups to your tournament.
Choose Done and Continue.
- You will be taken to the Team Enter the estimated number of teams to attend your Tournament, the total number of teams accepted last year. If this is a new tournament, enter zero for the total number of teams accepted last year.
You will also need to update any additional information you wish to include on your registration page and in the process. This includes Number of fields to be used, Number of fields with lights, Concessions Available, Restrooms, Number of Minimum Games Guaranteed, Game Format, Tournament Street Address, Check payable to information, and Mailing Address for checks. You will also enter any team entry fees.
Choose Save and Continue.
- Once information is entered, you will be taken to the Review tab where you can upload your league or tournament logo. This logo will display on the public registration page. You will also be able to view the summary of the information entered. This information will be used for Zone Approval and to configure your Tournament once it is approved.
NOTE: Please write down the Application Number from the Review Tab. We will ask you to provide this information in the Tournament Configuration Request Form upon approval of your Tournament.
Choose Continue and Submit Payment.
- You will be taken to the Receipt page. There is no payment to submit your Sanctioned Tournament request. You have completed the Tournament Application Process. You may close your Browser Window.
- Your Zone Director will be notified that a Tournament Request has been made. The Zone Director is responsible for approving your application.
NOTE: Application approval times may vary. If you don’t hear back from your Zone Director, please contact them directly.
- Upon Approval or Denial of your Tournament Request, you will receive an email notifying you. If approved, the email will also include instructions for how to complete the Tournament Request and Configuration Process.
Your Tournament is Approved
- Upon notification via email or by your Zone that your Tournament is approved, you will need to request that your Tournament be configured. The Affinity/TSHQ support team will configure Tournaments on your behalf.
- To request a Tournament Configuration, please complete the following Tournament Configuration Form.
- Once you have completed the Tournament Configuration Form you will need to provide that form to the Affinity Team via a Help Center Ticket.
- To create a Help Center Ticket, choose Submit a Request from the top-level navigation.
- Complete the online form including all required fields including your Zone and choose Tournament Creation as your request type. The request type will notify our team that this is a Tournament Creation request.
- Attach your Tournament Configuration Form to your Help Ticket by choosing Add file in the Attachments.
- Confirm you are not a robot and choose Submit.
- Once your ticket is received with your completed Tournament Configuration Form, a member of the Affinity Team will create your tournament in the TSHQ/Affinity System. Tournament must be approved by your Zone prior to configuration.
NOTE: Requests made Monday through Friday during regular business hours will be processed within 48 hours. For requests submitted after 5:00 PM on Friday, requests will be processed within 72 hours.
This timeline is based on receipt of complete Tournament Information via the Help Center Ticket and Tournament Configuration Form.
- Our team will review your request and if all information is provided, we will complete the Tournament Configuration and email you via the Help Center Ticket when your Tournament Configuration is complete to include the registration website address and a status of solved.
NOTE: If additional information is required, our Support Team will send you questions in an email via the Help Center Ticket.
- Once your receive confirmation that your Tournament has been created, you can share the Tournament website address to begin Online Registration.